Wednesday, February 9, 2011

CLUB BOARD HAS ASKED ME TO STAY - FIANOO


The embattled Chief Executive of Ashanti Gold, Cudjoe Fianoo says he has the support of the club’s board of directors in the wake of the demonstrations launched against him by a section of the club’s support. He told footyghana.com that on the day of the demonstration, he was fortunate to escape the attention of the irate supporters, who want him out of the club. He told the story of how the supporters failed to find him, ‘I was at home, but my official car was parked at the club’s secretariat. When the supporters came there, they were under the impression that I was not at home and so they left.’ Fianoo says that he is committed to the club and if he is to leave, that decision will have to come from the board of directors. He said, ‘Until the board asks me to leave, I will remain at post because the directors have reposed confidence in me. Should they decide to tell me to go, the requisite compensation will have to be worked out for me.’ Fianoo was a staunch supporter of former head coach David Duncan, who left the club because of similar supporter protests.

No comments:

Post a Comment